Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do women still feel like only the man can propose marriage?

Why is the decision all up to men? It amazes me how women are willing to sit back and let huge life changing things just happen to them, instead of having an active voice in it. Is ';romance'; really a disguise for good old fashioned submissiveness? Are women really so insecure that we only feel loved if men make these decisions without our input?





If anything, I feel more loved and respected by my husband because he discussed marriage with me and we both agreed on it.Why do women still feel like only the man can propose marriage?
Women pressure men into proposing all the time. It's an antiquated notion of yours that the man surprises the woman with a proposal.Why do women still feel like only the man can propose marriage?
I imagine most women prefer to wait for the man to ask because it is mroe romantic.





and as far as i am aware, no woman is obliged to accept a proposal of marriage that she does not want. If a woman accepts a man's proposal, then surely she is 'agreeing' to it? How do you feel that you have somehow agreed to your marriage more because your husband did not propose to you? Do you think that women who are proposed to by men are dragged to the altar or something?





You are a very strange person.
I'm not sure why you think a couple cant have both...


Discussed the whole marriage thing for a long time almost a year, the pros, the cons, would it really be that different to what we had, the are we both sure and ready for such a move.





And he chose a time and place to formally ask me...and ';propose';





He even did the really old fashioned thing and asked my dad for ';my hand'; to which my dad..being dad promptly said ';No (long pause)..Her hand isnt mine to give, but you can have my blessing';





I knew all this was happening, hell I was bouncing on the phone with one of GF's about him asking my dad while he was doing it.....


I had plenty of say in the matter...only things I didnt know was what exact ring he got me as he made the final choice..and when/where he would ';formally'; ask.


I dont think our way was that unusual...
I don't think it should be. However women are constantly told by the media that men fear commitment and are freaked out when women want to settle down. I think a lot of women are afraid of seeming like they are trying to force marriage on there partners.








You need a woman's in put either way. Getting proposed to doesn't automatically mean you marry that person.
If a woman thinks he's too hot to handle and gets rejected asking a guy out.... she may as hell have been shot. Her fragile ego would be utterly destroyed.





Now, if she asked a man to marry her and he said no. There's really no telling what kind of disaster would occur. A singularity, nuclear meltdown, who knows. It would be the end of the world for this woman. Completely earth shattering and unfathomable to her. There's no way she'd take such a risk.
Because they are not very creative. They are afraid of rejection and are insecure. Ridiculous! I say ask him. And tear off his clothes and demand sex. If he won't do it, hit him!
b'cos the society thinks like that. there's nothing wrong in a woman proposing a man, but women are often shy in doing so.
hi, friend


pls check the website www.madboots.com


hope this will help u


:)
it is a matter of pride i guess.
it's cultural. kind of stupid, but that's life!
Most girls (that's ';girls,'; not ';women';) want to be swept away by the romance of the moment. We are all raised with the idea that to be a princess bride and live happily ever after. We want Prince Charming to get down on one knee, declare his eternal love, ask us for the ';honor'; of marrying him, and resent us with a sizable and beautiful diamond that we can show off to our squealing friends. Then we get to buy fancy dresses, and choose menus and color schemes because that's what princess brides do. We're taught to be brides, but not wives. Reality hits home hard after the wedding when Prince Charming leaves his underwear on the floor and expects us to feed him on a regular basis.





I got off topic, sorry. But my point remains the same. Men propose marriage and women accept because we are taught that men are the decision makers and call the shots. And that's just fine if it works for you and your mate. Your way sounds most excellent, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment