Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it very uncommon that the woman is older in the marriage?

I don't know that many couples were the woman is older, is it very uncommon?Is it very uncommon that the woman is older in the marriage?
Not uncommon, but more often than not the man is older.Is it very uncommon that the woman is older in the marriage?
not in my family or circle of friends.





the woman is just as likely to be older as she is younger.





what does seem to be more common is that when the woman is older, she's usually not more than 6 or 7 years older. While I do know several couples where the woman is 10, 15 and one case where she is 25 years older, that's not as common as it is with men when they are the older partner. and I suppose it's that way because more often than not the guy marrying the older woman is still interested in having a family and depending on his age, he's looking for someone who is still young enough to have children.





historically women have been younger than their husbands for exactly that reason. You marry someone young and healthy to have lots of children and who is likely to survive childbirth. Men would still marry older women in the past, but quite often women also lied about their age, so there is really no way to verify just how common it was for men to marry older women compared to today.
Not that uncommon. My grandmother was 9 years my grandfather senior (and he died 5 years prior to her), my father is 6 months my mum's junior. I dated a man 3.5 years my junior (did not marry him though) One of my friends is 8 years her husbands senior.





So no not that uncommon but a little bit less mainstream
I think there are quite a few married couples where the wife is older - my mom was 2 years older than my dad; I don't think there's a lot of couples where the wife is 10+ years older than the husband like you see with old grandpas and 20 year old women today.
I am 3 yrs older than my husband. my brother is 2 yrs younger than his wife and a friend of mine is 3 yrs older than her husband.
LOL - my wife is 3 months older than me. But she is really fit, has the body of a 25 year old and she is 46.
no my ex is 6 years older than me and i propose to marry a woman 10 years older than me
I don't think so. There are many marriages with the woman as the older one.
No its not uncommom is that jus ppl don't talk about it much...
my mom is 5 years older then my dad. but if you saw how they looked you would think the opposite
I am 2 years older than my husband.
its not uncommon its just that most of the time is the other way around.
I wouldn't say it's uncommon at all.


My mom is older than my dad.
does that really matter?
I'm 42, he's 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment