Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do I need a special document if I had a previous marriage to file for divorce?

My wife and I are working on a ';do it yourself'; no-contest divorce. We earn a modest income and cannot afford lawyers. I purchased the book ';Divorce Yourself: The National Divorce Kit';. I read one sentence that said if one of the partners had a previous divorce then we cannot do a ';do it yourself'; divorce. Is that true? What do I need to include in my divorce papers if I have had a previous marriage and divorce? Thanks.Do I need a special document if I had a previous marriage to file for divorce?
I've been divorced twice. I wish I had done a ';do it yourself divorce'; the second time, it would have saved me a lot of cash. Anyhow, as long as the two of you are in agreement and ther are no kids from the marriage, it should be pretty simple. never had to provide any info regarding my first marraige to my lawyer during the second divorce. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment