Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I get my marriage license from a different county than where I live?

I'm just going to do a court house wedding, but my courthouse is closed on the day I want to get married! what are my options?Can I get my marriage license from a different county than where I live?
You don't get the license on the day you get married. You get it before hand. And if your court house is closed on the day you want to get married, most likely so are the other ones. You need to do better research.Can I get my marriage license from a different county than where I live?
Yes, you can get a license from a different county. Only you'll have to be married in the same county you got the license from. Anyways, all the Las Vegas weddings wouldn't be possible if people were allowed to marry only in the county they live in.


Just go to the court-house in whichever county, show your identification (some counties require 2 IDs, like a driver's license and a pay stun from work) and have some cash with you, 'cause some court-houses only take cash. Also, make sure you have a couple of people to witness the deed, or you'll end up with two strangers, like I did.
Yes, I was living in Florida when I got married in NY. Go to the town hall where you want to be married and anyone of the people there can help get all the necessary requirements done. It varies by state and sometimes county, so I'd talk to them ASAP.
yes...at least you can in tennessee....also you could get it ahead of time and just go to some little chapel...I did a really beautiful small simple wedding for under 1000 dollars....look in the phone book...you may find a quickie chapel or minister for hire
Absolutely, its the county where your getting married, not where you live.
I'm sure you can go to another one- all you need is identification.
No , I'm sorry it would be illegal. If you had one in your country then you could get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment