Saturday, August 21, 2010

Marriage????

i've been living with my boyfriend for the past 4 months and he's ready to get married.( i'm 17 and live in Texas)but my parents won't sign papers saying we can get married. could i get married at the age of 17. ( my 18th b-day is in October)Marriage????
dont do something youll regret wait till you are 18 if you want you can get engaged now though and start planning for the weddingMarriage????
listen to your parents. You are too young to get married.
I thought I was SOOOOOO in love at 17 too. Once you are older you will be happy that you didn't get married. Listen to your parents!
Don't get married living in sin is way more fun.
Not in Texas, but it is possible. This is a big decision and one that could drive a wedge between you and your parents and alienate your future husband. Not a good senario. If your already you have less than 8 months to wait. Is there a reason you can't wait till then. Besides, any nice wedding takes almost a year to put together and you will want this to be a memorable occasion. If your love is tru, he will be there for a lot longer than 8 months so it's not worth the problem with your parents. I was in a similar situation and decided to wait. I'm so happy I did and we have been together now for almost 10 years. Just put a lot of thought into it. Good luck.
wait till October to make your own decision. By this time you will see how right your parents are.
Take it from a woman who was married young.....





My husband and I got married when I was still in high school.


He is from Poland. He came here to start a relationship, and after two years and not many months left on his visa our lawyer said if he wants to stay , we鈥檇 have to take a leap of faith and get married early....and so we did.





I鈥檓 in college, and its hard because I also have to work. He supports me, but now we have no health insurance because I was taken off my father's after the marriage.





I am more pressured to be a good wife; to cook help keep the house clean, work and get an education so if we decide to have children, they can have better opportunities with a good financial foundation. Its not just marriage and work to balance; Its finances, family, marriage, work, friends, in-laws and college.





I sacrificed a lot. I don鈥檛 have much time to be with friends, not now at least.





I鈥檓 sure you've heard it before; you give up a lot by getting married young. If you're just dating, there is not as much obligation as there is in marriage.





I don鈥檛 regret my decision. Not at all. I love my husband- he is a wonderful man. Our hands were tied and it was an all or nothing decision.





So what is my point? If you don鈥檛 have to, than DON鈥橳 DO IT! Are you both legally here? Have you discussed issues that are necessary before a marriage? I mean REALLY discussed- children, religion, finances, family....





The reason I don鈥檛 recommend it is that it is so hard when you have no financial ground for a relationship- money isn鈥檛 everything, but damn, if you can wait a few years to get settled, you will have it MUCH more easily. No worries on college; studying while going to class, while not having money to buy what you need, bills wont be so bad.





If you have to ask, than its probably not a good idea. But if you want to do it, have the right mind set, and GET A PRE-NUP!! If he is offended it鈥檚 a red flag and reconsider a marriage.


Good luck
PLEASE DON'T!!!! You are waaaaaaaaaaay too young...How old is this boyfriend? I don't blame your parents. TRUST me when I tell you that you should have a loooooooong engagement before marrying...at your age, what's the rush? If someone truly loves you (and you, them) then you can wait...
What kind of relationship do you have with your parents? Would they be willing to sit down with you, and your bf, and have a heart-to heart talk about the matter? Apparently they have some concerns about you getting married. Discussing these concerns and what some possible solutions or remedies to their concerns might not only help your parents overcome their doubts but also allow you to plan and prepare for the things newly married couples need to face. Talk it over with them.....
Nope. Under Texas law, if you wish to get married and you're under the age of 18 you MUST have permission of your parents and/or a judge in order to get married, and judges in Texas rarely grant permission for persons under the age of 18 to get married.





P.S.: Just my personal opinion -- take it for what you will -- but you're only 17. You're WAY too young to be getting married. I'd bet three months' pay right now that if you marry your boyfriend it'll end up in divorce within five years. Do yourself a favor and listen to your parents. They're a lot smarter and know a lot more than you think.
Hun you have to wait to October
4 months? That's not a long enough time to decide what you want for the rest of your life. Get engaged, live life...you're 17 not 71...so just enjoy what you have. Don't make a decision that is based on what your boyfriend wants. I didn't see what you want. All I seen was ';he's ready to get married';. Just wait, see what the world has to offer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment