Friday, July 30, 2010

In dating or marriage relationships, how important is it to know where your lover is at ALL times?

Most people I know accuse their lover/spouse of cheating if he goes somewhere without her knowing or vice versa.In dating or marriage relationships, how important is it to know where your lover is at ALL times?
actually it isn't important to know where the lover/spouse is at all times...it is kind of a bother actually. there has to be an element of trust and mutual respect or the relationship won't work. if someone has to know where the other is at all times then something is terribly wrong with that person. red flag city.


i trust my wife, i know some of what her schedule is, but i certainly don't know where she is all the time if she isn't at home, if the weather is rough sometimes i worry and call her to see if she is o.k. but i wouldn't be married to her if i couldn't honestly trust her, and when the weather is nice i just assume she's out at the lake soaking up sun and when she wants me to bring the marshmalows and hotdogs she'll call.In dating or marriage relationships, how important is it to know where your lover is at ALL times?
That's a shame. My husband and I have a great relationship that is built on mutual respect and trust.
I think that it's abnormal to want to know where another adult is all the time. This person isn't a child that you have to protect and to make sure that they are with good people. You would have to wonder what it is that makes the person so insecure that they don't trust anyone or trust them selfs. To me if I trust my self to pick a good partner than I've picked someone who will treat me with respect and love and consideration. IF I haven't done that I would have to look to my self first to see why I haven't.
I think that if I trust him, and he hasn't given any reason to believe that he would do something like cheat, then even if he said he was going to a friends house, and ended up in a strip club, I'm sure he would have a reason why he and his friends decided to go to a strip club, but I wouldn't think that he would cheat.





Besides, as a woman, I don't want to be in a relationship with someone where I need to know his whereabouts at ALL times, because there will be some days, that I will want to be alone, or hang out with my girls or guy friends without him also, and wouldn't want any trouble or distrust because of it.
Knowing where someone is at all times is important to me occupationally as I'm engaged in tracking movements of persons for security purposes. Knowing where a significant other is at all times is restrictive and invasive, and is no way to maintain a relationship. If I have to worry like that, we've both chosen unwisely. Trust is at the core of any successful relationship; both giving it and receiving it.
If you can't trust your ';steady';, fiancee, or spouse at ALL times, then you haven't got much worth keeping anyways, so, knowing where they are at all times is more counterproductive than productive. I'm a mental health professional with 20+ years experience, now retired. God Bless you.
You are very insecure if you need to know at all times. Something is wrong with that relationship and you have bigger problems to worry about.
if you trust that person than he or she can go anywhere and you have no worries that they are fooling around
I think it is psycho to want to know where people are at all times. Just me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment