Friday, November 25, 2011

What does the rest of Europe think of Spain legalizing gay marriage?

I for one think it's very positive, but open to hear all opinions.What does the rest of Europe think of Spain legalizing gay marriage?
Nearly all of Europe accepts that two people of either sex want to be life partners.





Marriage was meant for a legal union for the protection of the children of that union. It was a religious based arrangement.





Most people have realized that religion is now past it's best before date and thankfully, people are being accepted as persons not as just serfs and breeders.What does the rest of Europe think of Spain legalizing gay marriage?
There are other places in Europe where gay marriage is legal. Also, since most European countries do not go around throwing their religious beliefs in other people's faces, they are probably more okay with it than many Americans would think.





There's been too many wars over religion in Europe and many European countries keep religion as a more personal thing--unlike America where it is everywhere! So yeah, most European people probably don't care either way.
ok, I am not gay , but I find it very good that Spain is going to accept the


legalizing gay marriage, and most ppl in Europe think the same .


I have a Spanish gay friend who has waited for that many many years , and finally it came true . Liberty lives in Europe.


I am for legalizing gay marriage but not for adopting a baby .





btw good question
Europe is very non-denominational, so they're pretty open to it, unlike the U.S. which still has a lot of Christian values in the gov't. I think many more European countries will follow, Sweden recently legalized same sex marriage with an overwhemiling vote. But I am proud to say that more U.S. states are legalizing gay marriage. I hope it continues.
';legal unions'; are usually o.k in most E.U Countries...





There is nothing ';unnatural'; or ';devil-ish'; about these people... everyone should be Equal. Isn't the U.S.A Created on this phrase ?








I know the marriage has been very contriversal here. Because it can be two men inside a Chuch. This I- and my other people disagree with less.


Because it is in the religion. I wouldn't be allowed to marry in a Jew Church or Arab... Because I'm Catholic so I feel that the Government has out-ruled over the religion.





But on the whole it is a good law to making people more equal. and my other countries should if they haven't all ready follow
I can't speak for Europeans, but as an American who has lived in Spain (many years ago) I was surprised to hear that they had legalized it...once upon a time, they were pretty straightlaced. I was surprised to see how much things have changed in Spain in the last bunch of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment