Friday, November 25, 2011

Do I need to change my surname after marriage? Is it copulsory by Hindu marriage act?

I need this Information for my fresh passport.I'm confused cause I dont want to change my name but I dont want to go against law.Do I need to change my surname after marriage? Is it copulsory by Hindu marriage act?
Changing the surname after marriage is personal decision not legal compulsion either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or for that reasons any other matrimonial enactment in India. Secondly, you can continue to carry on the same name in your new passport too nothing illegal in this %26amp; just add the name of your husband as you will have to change your marital status in the new passport for that the Regional Passport Officer would like you to attach the Marriage Certificate that is issued by the Marriage officer/registrar after getting this marriage registered with such officer, simple marriage certificate issued by the priest/temple etc won't be sufficient for this purpose. Just to give a personal touch to this answer of mine as I鈥檓 always told by many that my answers are very legalistic, my wife still carries her original name in her passport even after 25years of our Hindu Marriage only my name was added as her husband after our marriage by submitting our marriage certificate issued by the Sub-registrar of marriages under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.Do I need to change my surname after marriage? Is it copulsory by Hindu marriage act?
it depends upon u because it don't matter what is your surname it is all for identity if your married then how will people know that u are married
there is no such compulsion as far as the hindu marriage act is concerned. it is purely a tradition going on for ages. if is purely your choice and the final decision is yours, or may be in consultation with your husband if ha has no ego hassles.
  • cosmetics brands
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment